To further strengthen the Iristick team and prepare for future growth we will be hiring an enthusiastic ‘Business Development Manager’ or ‘National Account Manager’, North America for further developing and managing our Logistics segment.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong commercial background to accelerate revenue growth through our partners, and via new & existing end user accounts operating in the Logistics segment.
As our ‘Business Development Manager’ or ‘National Account Manager’, North America for the Logistics segment, you are responsible to develop and further deepen the relations of the company with its target customers and with the right players in the ecosystem (software vendors, implementation partners and Key Opinion Leaders). The business development team is also expected to drive and develop the image and messaging of the company in our various market verticals. (Y)our customers are large 3PL’s, retail & logistics companies in the wider logistics ecosystem in primarily the US, as well as software partners who develop applications for our smart glasses.
From an operational standpoint, you are expected to lead all US/International business development in your segment. You will initially be personally in charge of those duties, but you are not on your own. We are a team and you can ask anyone for help or advice! The commercial organization is supported by a global customer support, project management and hardware & software engineering team with significant industry experience.
Business development duties will include:
- Develop a deep understanding of the value chain and key players we need to cooperate with in the 3PL’s, retail & logistics ecosystem, in order to help further fine-tune our strategy and most efficient & effective approach to continue to aggressively & sustainably grow topline
- Identify market development opportunities for the respective remote assistance, digital work instructions, pick-by-vision & artificial intelligence solutions Iristick wants to focus on and help define new product offerings, logistics industry specific solutions & its implementation approach, all of this translated into a commercialization plan.
- Consistently meet/exceed agreed sales targets within the Logistics segment with strong underlying quality of results. Solid key account management with agreed top x key accounts through the development and implementation of tactical key account plans in collaboration with the marketing/customer support team.
- Develop close relations with key target customers, understand their decision processes, manage various internal and external stakeholders as needed to progress from first interest to actual purchase and project implementation. Be the expert consultant and win the ‘hearts and minds’ of users.
- Establish and manage a healthy end user customer pipeline leading to sustainable revenue for the company.
- Direct responsibility for our segment specific (software & other) partners. Develop close relations, lead and coach our partner’s teams through the business planning process & support the execution of sales action plans.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with our segment specific (software & other) partners & key accounts to ensure ongoing alignment and performance to the agreed respective business plans.
- When required, co-travel with (software & other) partner’s sales members, and provide the tactical coaching and on-the-job product training and support required to accelerate the successful conversion of business opportunities & implementation of projects.
- Represent the company on conferences and networking events in primarily the US.
- Bootstrap our inbound customer base (webinars, mailings, events, workshops, etc.)
- Be the ‘voice of the customer’ - work closely with marketing, product management, CTO and engineering teams to optimize the portfolio (incl. new product development), and help develop customer centric, high impact, marketing materials/tools.
- You are tech-savvy and you have a solid understanding of the broader Logistics Industry.
- You have experience with indirect sales channels and B2B (industry) partnerships.
- You have a passion for (wearable) technology and for the way it changes people’s jobs
- Ideally, you check most of following boxes:
- 5-10 years of experience in International Business Development
- 5+ years of experience in the Logistics / Technology industry.
- Hunter profile that can also farm, and that can potentially evolve in next few years to P&L owner
- Academic background: Bachelor or Master with an economic and/or sales major.
- Good knowledge of MS Office, social media, CRM platforms and automated sales systems.
- Entrepreneurial and business development spirit with a strong sense of accountability
- Solid negotiation skills & ability to handle multiple Key Decision Makers
- Good understanding of cultural diversity
- Strong time management & organizational skills; ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Cross-functional and Project Management experience are an asset.
- Strong relationship builder with extensive commercial, marketing and interpersonal skills
- Convincing and charismatic communicator with a flawless command of English.
- Experience in product management in a technical field is a plus.
- Ability to translate customer requirements in sharp product and system requirements (in cooperation with the CTO).
- Willing to travel frequently (min. 25% of your time within North America and occasionally EU).
- Hands-on mentality & you like to take initiative
- You can work independently and have a strong desire to work in a in a fast-growing tech scaleup
- We consider both candidates from the West Coast as well as from the East Coast
- A Full-time job within a fast-growing company (permanent contract or 1099 contract).
- We are a young team of intelligent and passionate colleagues. We created a workplace where you will be challenged, stimulated and encouraged to do your best.
- The opportunity to evolve in your role in line with the growth of the company
- You will get the opportunity to work to work with global-500 companies in your sector.
- Our global headquarters is in Antwerp, Belgium. Our US office in New York City will soon move to a different location (TBC).
- Work hard, play hard: we make it possible with a competitive salary and insurance benefits. Give us your best and be appreciated and rewarded for it.
- We gladly support you in the process of constant learning by giving you the opportunity to attend education or training. After all, our growth depends on your growth.
- And last but not least: this is not just a job! You can help shape and create industry 4.0 & eHealth. Expanding the use of smart glasses exponentially will definitely change the way people in the field do their job and will help advance logistics & healthcare overall!